Twilight Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

Do you intend to be a part of the team?

Nice to see I have such loyal friends I_vote_lcap83%Nice to see I have such loyal friends I_vote_rcap 83% [ 5 ]
Nice to see I have such loyal friends I_vote_lcap0%Nice to see I have such loyal friends I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Nice to see I have such loyal friends I_vote_lcap0%Nice to see I have such loyal friends I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Nice to see I have such loyal friends I_vote_lcap17%Nice to see I have such loyal friends I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Nice to see I have such loyal friends

Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:15 am by ChaosPersonified

Well, this is quite likely going to be the last time I post here at the forum. I'm really glad to see that I've got so many loyal friends, and that they care so much about me. /ridi

Until someone other than myself or Shadow bothers to put any effort into even just making SUGGESTIONS on here, not just playing forum games or posting sigs, I'm officially declaring the server dead. I'm not …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 3

Server down until further notice

Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:35 am by ChaosPersonified

Ok guys, here's what's going on. The guy I had hosting my server for me, got a virus about a week and a half ago, and ever since removing it, the server program that actually runs the server won't stay active for more than an hour or so at a time. He's tried everything to fix it and hasn't been able to. I can't run the server from home right now, and am in the process of fixing my *own* computer, …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Snow, Sleet, and Ice

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:54 am by ChaosPersonified

Hey guys, it's me again. Wanted to stop in and let everyone know, work has gotten really busy lately, it's the prime time of year to be sick despite the holidays, and on top of that, we've been getting hit just hard enough by snow and ice to have a decent number of car accident victims being brought in too. Add on top of that, that I have a 45-minute drive to work in *good* weather (closer to an …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 3

Server's Up but I'm not

Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:47 pm by ChaosPersonified

To let everyone know... the new server *is up*. However, each person will be responsible for contacting me to get the connection information, as it will be on a different hamachi network and a different I.P. address, and I will not be posting that information on the site in order to keep down traffic from uninvited guests. (If you would like to invite a friend, that's fine, but run it by me …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 6

Crappy Birthday to me... :x

Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:33 am by ChaosPersonified

So, yeah.. Yesterday was my birthday.... yippee.... worst one I've had in about, 7 years or so that I know of... if not the worst ever. Was stuck at work late, til about 8:30, had to come home in the snow (it started snowing about 7 pm the night before, as I was headed to work), get home with a migraine headache from driving in snow... proceed to pass out, sleep three quarters of the day, wake up …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 7

Frustration

Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:30 pm by ChaosPersonified

Ok, so, everyone, I'm gonna say this once, and, if you don't see it/read it/hear it, too bad. I'm tired of having to chase each person down to tell them what's going on with the server, and even more tired of people chasing me down to ask if server is up, etc.
THIS IS THE REASON I MADE A FORUM. THIS IS THE REASON I INSISTED EVERYONE JOIN THE FORUM.
If you feel you are too good or too busy to …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 6

Looking into server hosting

Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:21 pm by ChaosPersonified

So, after making a recent discovery, I may have found a really cheap way to get the server hosted, lol... A friend of mine apparrently has an ubercomputer that I didn't know existed (and when I say ubercomputer, I mean that I simultaneously had the private server running, and 4 different clients of *real* Flyff running, *and* two pages of Firefox, and still not a sign of lag... o.o;) and, for a …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Server restarted yet again

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:00 am by ChaosPersonified

Server was having some issues, and, I figured it was time for an update anyway. So, server is back up and running again with a new database. The good news is, a few of the smaller glitches have been fixed. The bad news is, I have to remake everyone's accounts, and there are *new* glitches to fix. Gotta love Gala-Net, they leave their bugs behind for *everyone* to enjoy, lol. Anyway, will try to …

[ Full reading ]

Sorry for unexpected downtime

Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:04 pm by ChaosPersonified

Hey guys, it's me. Just wanted to briefly stop in and tell everyone I'm sorry that I haven't been on much lately or had the server up... there's been a lot going on in my life lately, including some personal health issues, and I prolly won't be able to work on things much until some of this settles down. I'm really sorry for the inconveniences, and I'll try to keep things moving at least just a …

[ Full reading ]

Latest topics
» Nice to see I have such loyal friends
Nice to see I have such loyal friends EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 12:26 pm by Blitz

» Server down until further notice
Nice to see I have such loyal friends EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 2:50 pm by shadowN

» Another sig? Omg? o.o
Nice to see I have such loyal friends EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 2:30 pm by shadowN

» Snow, Sleet, and Ice
Nice to see I have such loyal friends EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 6:35 am by shadowN

» Wooooooooo
Nice to see I have such loyal friends EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 10:56 pm by Lilith

» New Background. (Huge picture)
Nice to see I have such loyal friends EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 5:52 am by Lilith

» The banning game, A personal favorite >:3
Nice to see I have such loyal friends EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 10:10 am by shadowN

» Currently known major bugs
Nice to see I have such loyal friends EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:35 pm by Lilith

» Server's Up but I'm not
Nice to see I have such loyal friends EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 8:25 am by ChaosPersonified

Nice to see I have such loyal friends

3 posters

Go down

Nice to see I have such loyal friends Empty Nice to see I have such loyal friends

Post by ChaosPersonified Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:15 am

Well, this is quite likely going to be the last time I post here at the forum. I'm really glad to see that I've got so many loyal friends, and that they care so much about me. /ridi

Until someone other than myself or Shadow bothers to put any effort into even just making SUGGESTIONS on here, not just playing forum games or posting sigs, I'm officially declaring the server dead. I'm not bothering to waste any more of my time, energy, or money on a project that I'm having to wedge in between trying to make myself a *real* living, and trying to survive on 2 hours of sleep a day, or every other day. It's just not worth it.

If anyone other than Shadow actually decides they *care*, PM me. Otherwise, I guess this is goodbye, it was fun while it lasted... sorta.
ChaosPersonified
ChaosPersonified
Admin

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-20

https://twilightshadows.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Nice to see I have such loyal friends Empty Re: Nice to see I have such loyal friends

Post by Lilith Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:03 am

Wtf did I do?
The total time I have >>>>>>>>>>>nowadays<<<<<<<<< is 3 hours max on a computer.
College, boyfriend, mother, baby sister, work. And all that shit.
There's NOTHING to suggest, and I can't even freaking play games nowadays. I'm not some no-life that everyone swears to god I am you know. My god. You leave for a few days, come back, and everyones bitching at how "loyal" you are? Seriously?
I post sigs because they don't take 20+ hours to do, such as thinking a well thought "suggestion". Researching to see if it's possible then posting it here. With only THREE hours max to spend on my computer besides for school. Why would I even bother if I'm just going to get this shit for trying? I didn't do shit to you, and just because I can't be as active as I used to, and post some suggestion for a game I hardly like. And only offered to HELP with because I enjoy helping, and it'd kill time. I get bitched at and called unloyal? Fuck that.
I Give Up.

PS. This is my last post for this damn forum.
Good Morning
Good Afternoon
Good Evening
Good Night
Adios
Bye
Cya
See ya
etc.

Last edited by Lilith on Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:35 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Since people, apparently, can't read. Read the >> Bold/Underline <<)
Lilith
Lilith

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Nice to see I have such loyal friends Empty Re: Nice to see I have such loyal friends

Post by ChaosPersonified Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:32 am

Hmm.... Ok, well, first of all, who said anything about you, huh? I wasn't speaking to anyone in particular, I meant *everybody* other than shadow who hadn't even bothered to say hello in weeks. Nice to see that you instantly interpreted that as you. *shrugs* but you know what? I don't give a fuck anymore. If you want to think I meant you, go for it.
Second of all... how can you bitch about being so damn busy, when just a few days ago you were sitting on hamachi bitching to me about being soooo bored, yet refused to try any of my suggestions?
And, none of the members here have ever suggested that you're a low life... if you have people suggesting that, they sure as hell aren't around here, and if it galls you so much you have to *mention* it here, maybe it's something you should take up with them and not with me?

This, is a prime example of *why* this is dead. When it's *my* time and *my* energy that has to go into the game, I have people messaging me on IM and on hamachi asking when the server would be up, when are they gonna get their account, when when when when will they get what *they* want... but as soon as I suggest that someone else put some energy forth (and I meant *anyone*, not just targeting one specific person, Lilith) then everyone has excuses, and everyone gets rude, and it all gets taken out on me because *I'm* the one who chose to try and lead the project. Screw it, I'm not leading anything anymore until I see people that genuinely want to *help* and not just go ''oh, I'll test this'' or ''Oh, I can help fund the server'' or ''Oh, here, I'll be a gm for you'' like *so many* of my 'members' here did. (Once again, for clarification, *multiple* people, not targeting a single person.) This is exactly why I'm *not* investing any more time into it and why I *wouldn't* invest in paying for a real dedi server until I saw how the ''team'' came together to help. And, it never did. No surprise there.
Does anyone know why servers like this one don't work out, and why others (like the countless ones I looked into before taking this project on: Lulz, Fame, and a lot of others) *do* work out? Because on *those* servers, the work was shared, and people volunteered to do things even if it meant they had to give up a little bit of their own time. NOT just jumping in and going, 'oh, look, I have some free time, I'll go pester so-and-so until they bring the server up'.
Lilith, I never had any complaints about you, I just used 'posting sigs' as an example... my complaints had been directed at people like, well, Takuya, and Blitz, who feel that they could just sign up for the forum and never post, and still be in good standing. And like the people who, despite being told to, never signed up for the forum at all, but still messaged me on AIM daily complaining about the server not being up. However, it's nice to see how well you interpret a general statement to be about yourself and, without bothering to ask or clarify, turn on me and rip me a new asshole. Good to know who you can trust, huh?
ChaosPersonified
ChaosPersonified
Admin

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-20

https://twilightshadows.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:26 pm

I think you might have rushed into this thing a little bit. :/

A flyff psever might not have been the best thing to pick to do either. It sounds like you have alot of things going right now and if you wanna try and do this again, try when your less busy. You also don't have any real help with this, and its a very big job for a single person.

Flyff isn't the best game in the world, if you played the official server long enough you would see that its only there to suck you in, then make you spend till you get fed up and quit. Most of the ideas to make flyff a better game are major things, which you can't do for a couple reasons. Fixing a few small things, changing somethings colours and increasing drop rates won't make flyff any better. In fact the only reason why most high lved players play on the official server is the arena, guild seige, and the community. People play psevers for those reasons too, but without the cash shop dependacy. Thats why a small pserver like us pretty much wont work unless we get a large player base in a short time.

Short version: Your too busy, you don't have enough help, flyff sucks and you can't change that without buying the licence to the game and getting a development team.

Also mabey you should take a bit of a breather before replying to this.

Also, I don't always have something to say. Sure, Ill read the whole forum, but nothing pops into my head to say I guess. Yeah, I guess I could of posted a bit more, but lately, a havent felt like giving anything any effort...

Last edited by Blitz on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : sp.)
Blitz
Blitz

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum